In this role you will be working with the backend lead developer to ensure that backend infrastructure is up to date and running to offer our players an excellent experience and joy. Our players' base is growing very fast, so there are a lot of challenging and interesting tasks to work on.
As a Backend Developer, we expect you to help us with solving significant traffic and scaling issues. Our stack: NodeJS, Postgres, Redis, Google Cloud, GraphQL.
- We are running GraphQL API instances in Google Cloud Run using the latest Node in Docker. No TypeScript, but we plan to introduce it eventually.
- Primary storage is Postgres, managed by Google and using a couple of Redis instances deployed with Docker into Google Cloud.
- Local dev environment is built with Docker compose, tests with Mocha.
- Repositories are in GitHub, using tiny CI pipeline with Google Cloud Build.
Additionally, from Google cloud we use pub/sub, cloud storage for images.
You'll have an opportunity to influence your role and grow with us while we're rolling out globally. The willingness to learn and adopt new things quickly is a must have requirement.
- You will be joining the company that is growing very rapidly at a relatively early stage and will have a lot of freedom and responsibility in the current role.
- You will get feedback from players very fast, so you will see the results of your work almost immediately.
- You can be a part of building a global, next-generation home decor game that is very niche, but far better than our competitors.
- You'll be working with a motivated, experienced, and fun team in a zero-bureaucracy environment.
- You'll have a possibility to work remotely and maintain a great work-life balance.
- We offer extensive healthcare plans and great compensation