Sulake is currently looking for a Backend Developer
to join their team in Helsinki.
You will be a member of our game team, plan and implement new features to our games and troubleshoot issues across multiple services. The experience & skills we expect you to have: Sulake
is part of Azerion, a Dutch-based international gaming company in the media and entertainment business. Together we are a diverse group of various media and technology brands.
We are the creators of Hotel Hideaway and Habbo Hotel. Hotel Hideaway is a virtual world for young adults and Habbo Hotel for teens, but what's happening beneath the surface is not child's play. In the development of a server architecture supporting thousands of simultaneous users, issues such as concurrency, scalability and information security play key roles. Requirements
Following areas are considered as plusses
- 3+ years of programming in Java
- OO design
- relational databases
- experience in concurrent programming via Java
- experience in NIO programming via Java
- Performance tuning of Java applications including but not limited to GC profiling, fixing memory leaks, JVM tuning.
- Solving deadlocks and performance issues in Java applications.
- Database access profiling and optimisation.
- Writing code with Java 8 API, in particular CompletableFuture.
- Writing database schemas for MySQL database.
- Frameworks included Spring, Hibernate, actors, Netty.
Working here, you won't get ready-made design specs handed to you – the responsibility and freedom to fulfill requirements as you best see fit, rests with you. You write unit tests for the code you produce, possibly even before writing the code itself. Any experience of agile practices is a plus, and at least you believe in the benefits of developing in short, iterative cycles.
In a Software Developer, we value the right attitude above all else. We don't want coding to be just a job to you, instead it's something you are passionate about and interested in. You want to understand why things work the way they do, to constantly learn something new and to develop to be the best in your field. You are responsible and proud of your accomplishments. You will not accept things done only half-way, but on the other hand you understand why very good is better than perfect. You are a team player with fluent communication skills, both spoken and written – we work in English. Benefits
- Systems that are genuinely interesting and challenging to develop
- A relaxed, non-corporate atmosphere at our comfortable office in the heart of Helsinki
- A competitive salary and other benefits that include health care, lunch benefit, sport and cultural benefit, commuting subsidy, weekly breakfast and daily snacks
Do you have solid opinions on what makes good architecture and are you ready to develop and shift your views as technology and your skills progress?
While working with them, you won't get ready-made design specs handed to you – plans are created and executed in teams. Any experience of agile practices is a plus and at the very least you will believe in the benefits of developing in short, iterative cycles.